Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pillow Fight Los Angeles 2010 !



Yup, it is that time of year again - time to pillow fight !

Last year I went down to Pershing Square in Downtown LA and spent some wonderful time in a midst of a pillow fight (BTW : April 3rd is International Pillow Fight Day) with my camera Truthfully, this is one of the reasons I love LA - wacky events such as pillow fights, undie runs, zombie walk - I mean, this is Los Angeles !

One thing I was surprised to see was there's so many photographers. Most would stand on the outside of the "fight zone" and shoot. I chose to brave the crowd and got myself into the mob. At that point, I was more concern of getting hit (you're not suppose to hit people without pillows but accidents happen) than actually framing the shot. Seriously, after a while, I just started random "point and shooting" - since it is hard to really frame a shot when there's a mob of people around you flinging pillows.

This year, the event goes down Saturday April 3rd at Pershing Square at 3 PM. Details here.

See photos I took last year after the jump.







See more on my flickr. It was definitely a fun time ^^ Actually ran into a photographer I knew who was there taking photos for fun but he didn't wander into the crowd - wuss ! Good times were had by all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment