Monday, March 1, 2010

Some Changes here at PIX Feed LA



About three or four months ago, I changed the way to view upcoming events. Originally I was using Google Calendar and having it embedded on the page but I wanted to try out using tags as days - i.e "02-23-10" and set it up so you can only see about a week or two in the future. I know some folks didn't like this new change. I got comments of "Where's the calendar ?" posted.

So over the weekend, I brought back the Google Calendar widget. I'm slowly sprucing up the site to make it look better and flow better and really, a list of dates as tags seem clutter and messy. I felt posting entry after entry of all the events was forcing me to post 3 or more items a day. This way, you can check out the Calendar for all the events and I'll just highlight some on the main page.

Now to see what events are coming up, just click on Calendar on your left. I'm adding new events daily though I do want to caution that some dates may change and I may not be aware of those so I urge readers to double check with the host of the event of time and place.

Likewise if you see incorrect information or would like to suggest an event, please email me pixfeed@gmail.com

Other changes are more cosmetic in nature. I did decide that in general, the revolving photo on the very top of the page will relate to exhibition close to ending. I hope to let people be aware of what shows are out there and give them a heads-up to go check them out before they disappear. In the future I think I'll also do future gallery openings up there also.

BTW : please leave comments on how you like the new calendar system as well as any other comments to help make this site better !

So why not click that Calendar button on the left to check it out !

No comments:

Post a Comment