Friday, March 26, 2010

MOPLA Founder Responds

Over on J. Wesley Brown's blog there's a response from Hossein Farmani, the founder of MOPLA. Read it here.

Hossein mentions :
MOPLA is a community event. Its not a for profit event. Its all volunteer based. Its an event to put the photography community on the map so YOU and the rest of the community can benefit.

I challenge you and invite you, to gather 50 or 20, or as many as you can, great photographer's work, together find a venue, put an exhibition together and MOPLA will publicize it for you. Do your part! Volunteer to help.

We are doing this to promote the art that has given us so much. I write the check each year to support it, a few hundred thousands dollars.

If you and your readers love photography and are part of LA photography scene. Why don't you get involve. This is as much your event as anyone else in LA.


He's right. If this event is for the photography community here in Los Angeles, then we as photographers should all help to make this a better affair. I can not imagine how my life would be without photography. I think about it everyday, all the time (not counting the PIX Feed LA blog). I plan on doing what I can to help. I urge readers out there to do what they can too.

If you have a photography show or know someone having a photography show, please send me info about it ! I love to help promote it ! One of the reason I started this blog was to make it a place to find out what is going on in town. The bigger shows I can easily find info on. It is the smaller local shows I have problems locating info. So please, if you have a camera club, or a Meetup group, or a photo show, let me know via pixfeed@gmail.com and I'll be happy to post it in the calendar.


With MOPLA 2010 just around the corner, here's an opportunity to relive last year's MOPLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment