Monday, March 22, 2010

PIX Feed LA turns Two

March 22, 2008

That's the first day I started the PIX Feed blog. At that time I was using the MySpace blog platform and the first post ? It was about the 3rd Annual Slideluck Potshow held at 5th & Sunset Studios over in West LA.

Seems how time flies. One Saturday I was bored at PIX (I used to work the weekend shift) and started a PIX MySpace page just for kicks. It was unofficial. I used it to gather the present and past PIX employees.....then I started adding photographers who rent from us. Then I started posting events around LA and NY. This went on for a few weeks before my boss got wind of it. Uh-oh. Here I was using the company name and logo in an unauthorized usage. I got chewed out but the boss liked what I was doing and I got his blessing. I began running the blog while working in the sales dept. In Jan 2009, I moved the platform over to a Blogger template and left sales dept. The rest is history.

Just for your enjoyment, I dug the video from the PIX old MySpace page. Sometimes everyone at PIX goes out to do karaoke or bowling and in this video, Richard and Adam from the rental dept do their best Bon Jovi. "woooooooo...half way there, woooooo... living on a prayer !"

Good times, good times ^^


1 comment: