Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Used Photo Book Stores in LA : Alias Books



About 4 months ago I posted up about one of my favorite used bookstores with an amazing photography section, the Illad up in North Hollywood.

Today, I had to pick up my tax forms from my accountant over in West LA and made a stop over at one of other favorite used bookstores on the Westside, Alias Books. Now the photography selection is pretty slim compared to Illad but I never fail to spend at least $50 on photography books every time I walk in. Alias used to be called West LA Book Center and it has been there since 1959. The current owner Brian has run the place since 2002.

You can see by the selections that the owner definitely has an interest in photography. If you got an extra $750 lying around, you can get Todd Hido "Outskirts". The more valuable photography books are kept behind the desk.

The photography section is to the right when you walk into the main room. Yes, it is tiny but the selections keep me coming back.

Alias Bookstore
1650 Sawtelle Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

(Right around the corner from NuArt)

Yelp

NOTE : Atwater Village Newbie recently posted that Alias opening a new branch in Atwater in May 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment