Monday, March 9, 2009

Lauri Lyons


My advice for all artists is: learn your craft, do what you love, and don't give up. If there is no niche for what you do, create the niche. Don't be afraid to live life outside of the box. My personal motto is "Live, transform, inspire."

I've mention her before in passing about a month or so ago. Lauri Lyons is the first black female under contract to a major agency, Getty. This morning while digging through all the blogs I check out, I came upon an interview with her. I first became aware of her by her first book called "Flag : An American Story" which came out in a month or so right after 9/11. This year she is releasing "Flag International". There's a little video where she talks about the Flag International book and the rest is an interview by The Digital Journalist's Ron Steinman about her early years working at Magnum, what it means to be a role model and how it feels to be the first black woman rep by Getty.

laurilyons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment