Saturday, March 21, 2009

PIX CLICKS : 56th Annual Pro Photo Expo







So some quick notes. Recognized a lot of companies there : Samy's, Silvio's (from South Bay), Mel Pierce, Profoto, Sekonic, Speedotron, Quantum, Tamron, Lowepro, Canon, Kodak, Asuka, Brooks College and even the New York Times was there to sell subscriptions !

The booths were either software, camera equipment, book makers, painted backdrops, frames, and even some photographers got their own booth (though not sure why)

I think it was worth for me to check out the book makers as I'm still considering books as promo pieces but many of the books were focused more on a different market. The ones I saw were more of the senior book or wedding book - really nicely done leather books while I was more curious in the leave-behinds for photo editors. There I had a chance to touch the paper and check out the books. There were also plentiful of backdrops/backgrounds vendors. Saw great many fabrics there.

I got there at just the right time, the line were much shorter. The folks who register me in told me at 11 am, the line was pretty much out the door. Reps I spoke to mention they were slammed in the first few hours. So if you plan on going down to the trade show tomorrow, go around 1 pm and remember that the Pasadena Marathon is going on at the same time so make extra time.

Get a free trade show pass here Trade show open tomorrow 11am-4 pm and Monday 10:30am-2:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment