Friday, March 20, 2009

USA : Character Project



Back in early March, I mention Bravo ordering up a new series called "Double Exposure" (working title) with Markus Klinko and Indrani and now I find out that back in summer of 2008, USA network send out 11 photographers to photograph America from Alaska to New York to all points in between. The images will be put into a book and traveling exhibition show (which hits LA May 15-16). Currently the book is already on sale. I thought this was to be broadcast but can't seem to find any info on it, Guess I assumed if USA is doing it, there'll be a tv series.

I'm a bit giddy by this because this of the photographer's I admired are in this book and can't wait for the exhibit (especially Eric McNatt who went back to Texas for his project. Yup, Texas, my home country)

Dawoud Bey / Anna Mia Davidson / Jeff Dunas / David Eustace / Joe Fornabaio / Mary Ellen Mark / Eric McNatt / Eric Ogden / Sylvia Plachy / Richard Renaldi / Marla Rutherford

Read about the photographers, see their images and watch their videos at The Character Project

No comments:

Post a Comment