Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Briefs

+ This summer, the LA Daily News will be trying out this new service called I-News. Daily News' parent company MediaNews Group is testing out a customized newspaper where readers choose what stories of interest to them. I sort of imagine as if I selected only sports and business and my newspaper that i received will just be sports and news. I understand that this customized news will be available be printed from my printer. Hmmm.... I don't mind receiving a real paper but printing out my own paper sounds like a step back - I could easily read it on my screen. Interesting idea but I don't know if this will fly at all. LINK and LINK

+ APA Business Manual. I'm not sure how long this has been on their site but recently discovered it and reminds me of the old days of APA where you would get a black blinder with the info listed. Now it is online. Ain't technology grand ?LINK

+ PDN has an online store where you can upload your image and have it printed on cups, t-shirts, mousepad, tote bags or pick from their many images. Curious where these images are coming from...I'm assuming PDN's own stock collection - IPN ? Sounds unusual coming from PDN, but hey, it is another revenue stream ! LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment